· An Italian-style kitchen can include features such as marble countertops, decorative backsplashes, and even Venetian-style plaster walls.
· These kitchens are defined by the use of natural materials, colors combination, lighting, and minimalism.
· You can save money on your renovation by sourcing materials locally and mix-and-matching different elements.
· In general, stick to a focus on simplicity and functionality to create a classic Italian kitchen style on a budget.
A kitchen is the heart of the home. It's where we cook, eat, and socialize. And while there are many different kitchen styles to choose from, one of the most popular is the Italian-style kitchen.
And that is because it offers an opulence that is rich in years of Greek & Roman history.
If you're looking to bring the beauty of Italy into your home through your kitchen design, these kitchens are perfect for you. They are known for their luxurious designs, which often incorporate marble countertops, decorative backsplashes, and even Venetian-style plaster walls.
Read: Top 6 reasons for kitchen renovation!
They're also very welcoming spaces encouraging family and friends to gather. But what exactly is an Italian-style kitchen?
Here's a quick fresher to everything you need to know:
What Is an Italian Style Kitchen?
It’s a warm and inviting kitchen space designed to encourage togetherness. These kitchens are usually quite large, with plenty of counter space and an open layout.
While there is no definitive way to create an Italian-style kitchen, there are certain elements that are often seen in these spaces. For instance, Italian-style kitchens often feature natural materials like stone or brick. They also typically come with a lot of storage space and large islands or peninsula countertops.
Another defining characteristic of these kitchens is the use of color. They are often filled with vibrant hues, adding a real sense of energy to the space.
If you're interested in creating an Italian-style kitchen, you can do a few things to get the look. Consider using natural materials like stone or brick in your space. These materials will help to create a sense of authenticity.
You'll also want to ensure you have plenty of storage space. An Italian kitchen is typically quite large, so you'll need plenty of room.
Creating an Italian kitchen can be a great way to add personality and style to your home. With some careful planning & attention to detail, you can create a beautiful and functional space.
Let’s explore a few elements!
1. Units and Worktops
Units and worktops can be made from various materials, but natural stones are often used to create an authentic Italian-style kitchen. Carrara marble is a classic choice for worktops and floors, as it has a clean white appearance with subtle grey veining. You can pair this with limestone or granite for a traditional look. Alternatively, concrete can be used instead of stone for a more contemporary take on kitchen décor.
2. Choosing A Color Scheme
For a truly Italian look, classic white is always a good choice. This can be contrasted with muted grey tones or even black for a more dramatic look. Alternatively, pastel shades work well in an Italian-style kitchen if you want to add a splash of color. Try adding a bright accent color through accessories and soft furnishings such as towels and tablecloths.
Another important element of kitchen décor is lighting.
· Pendant lights are often used in this kitchen style, as they create a focal point and can be used to highlight certain kitchen areas such as worktops and dining areas.
· Chandeliers are also popular choices for Italian-style kitchens, as they add a touch of luxury and glamour.
· Try using wall lights or downlights for a more relaxed and informal look.
Furniture is another key element in creating an Italian kitchen. If you have the budget, invest in some high-quality pieces that will stand the test. Look for pieces made from natural materials (wood and stone) and avoid anything too modern or contemporary.
Instead, opt for classic design elements such as curved lines and ornate details. When it comes to storage, make sure you have plenty of cupboards and shelves to keep everything organized.
Adding some comfortable seating is also a good option so you can enjoy your kitchen in style!
When choosing appliances for an Italian-style kitchen, consider going for sleek, high-end options in stainless steel or black. A professional-grade oven is a must, and you might also want to invest in a wine fridge to keep your collection at the perfect temperature. Other nice touches include a coffee maker, pot filler, and instant hot water dispenser.
Finally, don't forget to accessorize your Italian kitchen with some key pieces.
· Think about adding a few plants or flowers to inject some life into the space.
· A fruit bowl or vase of fresh herbs are also nice touches.
· And if you want to go all out, consider hanging a beautiful piece of art on the wall.
With these simple tips, you'll be well on creating an Italian-style kitchen that you'll love for years to come.
How To Bring Out the Budget for An Italian Kitchen?
Budget is one important factor you must consider when planning your Italian kitchen. There are a few things that you can do for your kitchen renovation without breaking the bank.
· Firstly, try to source as many materials locally as possible. This will help to avoid any expensive international shipping costs.
· Secondly, don't be afraid to mix & match different materials. For example, you could use marble for the countertops but opt for cheaper tiles for the floor.
· And finally, consider installing some DIY elements such as shelving or lighting fixtures.
With a little bit of creativity, you can stretch your budget without sacrificing style.
So, what is an Italian kitchen? It is a kitchen that blends the best of both worlds – classic style and modern practicality. By being mindful of your budget and sourcing materials wisely, you can create a stunning Italian kitchen without breaking the bank. And not only will it look amazing, but it will add to the value of your home/1
Scavolini Store Roseville is the exclusive Scavolini dealer in Folsom. Our kitchen renovation experts would be more than happy to help you create your dream kitchen. Whether you're planning to get a fully-fledged kitchen renovation or replace your countertops, we can help you plan and design your new space.
Sign up for a virtual tour of our store now!